Throughout my life I have learned the importance of maintaining a positive mindset. I know I know, life keeps on finding a way to bring adversity to your table, and it is making it difficult for you to maintain this mindset. Well that is exactly what I plan to help you with today by explaining the practice of meditation.
In such a competitive and fast paced world it’s difficult to avoid negative emotions, such as, stress, anger, doubt, envy, etc. Am I right? Meditation is a great way to reflect on your thoughts/actions, and help you to recalibrate your emotions and bring peace of mind.
How Do You Meditate
- Find a meditation video on YouTube (beginners will benefit a lot from guided meditations)
- Go to a spot where you won’t be disturbed
- Sit down in a comfortable position or lie on your back (my preference)
- Before starting the meditation understand that you must let go of everything going on in your mind
- Spend 10 minutes to an hour meditating, and allow yourself to just focus on the present moment
- Helps you appreciate life more
- Reduces/eliminates stress
- Increases optimism
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Improves emotional intelligence
- Helps manage ADHD
- improves memory
- Imporves breathing
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves immune system
- Increases energy
- Connects you with the present moment
All of our schedules are different, some of us busier than others, but if you can get 10 minutes of meditation in daily then you will be able to notice these life changing benefits.
“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace” -Dalai Lama